Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mommy and Me Classes - a must do


The first few months - really first 6 weeks with Riley were interesting. I did not leave the house much as I was really getting use to this new being and everything that she brought to us.

Now that she is a bit older, I am finding I am able to get out of the house more and more, at least for a few hours at a time.

I joined a Mommy and Me class called Babygroup (www.babygroup.me) located in Santa Monica. It is a mommy support group/learning opportunity run by family and child therapists. The concept is great - bring new moms together with babies around the same age so they can learn new things about the baby's development, they can network and bond with other new moms and they have a place to bring issues and concerns. The group is in high demand, and I got really lucky that a space opened up last minute so I was able to join. The classes cost money, but from the two I have been to so far, I think it is definitely worth it!

I highly recommend it for any new moms and for women looking to make new mommy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment